Wednesday 9 July 2014

THE WORLD CUP JUST GOT INTERESTING

So it's nearly over. 4 more days and the world can go back to normal. We can walk the streets in the evening without having to step into the road at every street corner because of the overflow of people crammed into the pub to watch the game. (I feel like I know the outcome of every match just by hearing the cheers and boos on my way home from work). However, one aspect of the World Cup has actually caught my attention. The fashion.

UK company ctrl+c designed a range of 80's and 90's inspired football jerseys


I spotted this article on VICE Sports (no I do not frequent this site, it was left open on my boyfriends laptop, promise) and instantly became excited at the sight of some nice, well-designed, World Cup-inspired attire that isn't garish, shiny or plastered with numbers and Wayne Rooney's name. So I've chosen my favourite 3 brands from those that VICE mentioned to share with you.


WONG WONG X ALOYE

These. Are. Beautiful. I would happily wear any of them (I think my favourite is Germany) and I think they are such a clean and subtle way to support your team. Wong Wong is a football-inspired design studio which collaborated with Japanese brand Aloye to create these masterpieces. Everyone should own one.




I LOVE UGLY

These are cool, right? Again, another subtle nod to your team (see what I did there). While the New Zealand based brand have only made 5 different designs of their hat, I think they are super-cool and they apparently also feature embroidered quotes from some of footballs' most famous.




DEAD DILLY

Canadian graphic designer Dead Dilly was commissioned by online publication Highsnobiety to create a line of football jerseys as if they were designed by a variety of famous brands and designers. The end results are colourful and interesting and I think he's done a pretty good job of representing the different brands within his designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment