Monday 24 November 2014

TOP 5 OVERSIZED WINTER SCARVES UNDER £20

Recently (in England anyway) it just hasn't felt that much like winter. I feel like it was only a couple of weeks ago that we were enjoying a heatwave and the only things distinguishing November from August are the ever-lengthening nights. We have, however, had the occasional freeeeeezing days. I usually either get up for work at about 7am or leave work at 9:30pm and at these times it is dark and often quite nippy. This is where the oversized scarf comes in. 

I have never been much of a fan of scarves; I don't like having anything around my neck and, having very long hair, find them kind of unnecessary in terms of keeping me warm. But when I spotted a girl wearing this black and white beauty from Zara (see below) I actually sprinted after her to find out where it was from. I then spent a good 2 weeks trying to find it in an actual store but it seemed to be sold out everywhere. I finally picked it up in Madrid of all places and I haven't taken it off since (literally... It goes with EVERYTHING). So, feeling like I might need to purchase another oversized scarf so that my Zara one can have a rest, I have compiled a list of a few of my favourites on the high street at the moment for under £20.


zara oversized black and white scarf with a grey slouchy cardigan
The Zara Dream Scarf - Credit: turnitinsideout



1. This is the same scarf that I already have but I also love this colour. I went for the black and white because of it's go-with-everything properties, however now I've realised how much I wear it, this one might have to be added to my wardrobe as well...

zara oversized striped scarf in beige colour with red and cream stripes
Wraparound Striped Scarf - Zara, £19.99



2. The Aztec trend has definitely not fallen off the fashion radar this autumn/winter and I love the more muted, earthy tones in this scarf compared to the brighter colours seen during spring and summer

new look red, black and cream aztec print oversized scarf with tassel edges
Red Aztec Oversized Scarf - New Look, £9.99



3. I love the blanket style of this scarf and with it's muted grey tones and subtle pattern I think it could be a really good staple piece for any winter wardrobe as it will go with most outfits and add an extra layer and texture to a look

ASOS oversized grey herringbone pattern scarf
Oversized Herringbone Scarf - ASOS, £20



4. A tartan or checked scarf is a failsafe for winter every year, but I really like the colours of this one compared to the usual greens, navys and reds. Plus it's reversible meaning you can change the way you wear it depending on your outfit and is basically two scarves for the price of one!

Misguided pink, grey and green tartan scarf which is reversible so one side has large checks and one side has small checks
Norma Tartan Reversible Scarf - Missguided, £15.99



5. I love this rusty, yellow ochre colour and think it gives a really autumnal feel to an outfit. The length of it it amazing, giving you the option of either wearing it long or wrapping it round your neck a couple of times to give a chunkier, layered look

mnki at asos long, oversized yellow ochre/rust coloured chunky knit scarf with tassels
Ramona Scarf - Monki at ASOS, £15





No comments:

Post a Comment