Monday 10 November 2014

ALEXANDER WANG X H&M. IT'S HERE.

It's here! Alexander Wang has finally landed on the high street with his new collection for H&M and boy, wasn't it worth the wait. The 61 piece collection was launched in stores and online last Thursday 6th November and, understandably, already most of the collaboration is sold out. So I am going to go through a few of my favourite items from the collection, as well as a few of the more interesting ones, to help me decide which pieces will help me part with my cash (when they come back in stock...)

Alexander Wang for H&M collection launch poster and advertising



As you will know if you read my previous post on the collaboration back in April, I LOVE Alexander Wang. Everything he creates makes me melt a little inside and I have been known to spend a good hour or five scrolling through his website and sighing at all the beauty that I have little chance of affording on a student budget. The new collection for H&M, however, is a dream come true for me as I can finally own some of Wang's sleek, modern and entirely monochrome (YES) designs but without completely draining my bank account.

The collection is very sportswear based, with a lot of the pieces looking like something you can wear to the gym, then to run errands in and then to wear on a night out. Versatility is key and this is why I will be purchasing items which can be worn with everything. This two-piece set is amazing; it can be worn together for in-your-face impact, or separately for a more subtle nod to the trend.

Alexander Wang for H&M Co-ordinate grey sportswear outfit
Medium Support Sports Bra, £24.99 and Jacquard-Knit Sports Tights, £34.99 

No high-street collaboration would be complete without something cropped and Wang has incorporated a variety of cropped tops and sweatshirts into his collection. My favourite are the super, almost-showing-underboob, tops which work perfectly with high waisted bottoms and a jacket or layered over a longer top or dress. The grey neoprene sweatshirt is my one must-have piece and will be the first thing I get my paws on!

Alexander Wang for H&M cropped white t-shirt with slogan
Short Top, £29.99

Alexander Wang for H&M cropped neoprene sweatshirt in grey with embossed Wang logo
Short Scuba Top, £34.99

Over-the-knee socks are a love of mine, and anything more interesting than just plain black or grey gets my attention straight away. I think these ones would look amazing paired with a long, boxy t-shirt dress, or a skater skirt and crop top.

Alexander Wang for H&M grey over the knee socks and tshirt dress outfit idea
Perforated Pattern Dress, £79.99, Overknee Socks, £12.99

On to something a bit random; scrolling through the website this piece caught my eye in a 'what on earth is that' kind of way and I have to say that once I discovered it was a ring, I now feel like I need it. Like REALLY need it. A piece of statement jewellery AND a handy attention-getter? Yes please. Also, being the cheapest item in the collection, why not? The accessories Wang has created are definitely interesting to say the least.

Alexander Wang for H&M black two finger ring with a whistle and embossed AW logo
Ring With A Whistle, £7.99

Alexander Wang for H&M black and grey bath towel with printed Wang logo
2-Pack Of Towels, £24.99

Simple white shirt? Check. Interesting textures? Check. Sheer panels? Check. Long sleeves, round neck, flattering length? Check, check, CHECK! This is THE PERFECT white shirt. I need it.

Alexander Wang for H&M textured white top with sheer panels on sleeves
Top With A Perforated Pattern, £79.99


Happy Shopping!




No comments:

Post a Comment