Wednesday 30 April 2014

TOP 5 ROUND SUNGLASSES UNDER £10

When the sun comes out in England you know about it. Tops come off, pale legs come out and everyone on your street seems to be having a BBQ. With the last couple of days being sunny(ish... or at least over 13 degrees) I have been provided with the perfect excuse to go sunglasses shopping. Having the head that I do, I find that a lot of sunglasses don't suit me and I spend hours trying on aviators and cat eye shapes to find that the only ones that look remotely ok are huge and give off Bug's Life vibes (not really the style I'm going for). But one style seems to come out on top every time and those beauties are round sunglasses.

two women wearing round black sunglasses with white silver frames on a catwalk with flowing hair and orange lipstick

So for all you big-headed gals (like me) out there who need big glasses to make your face look in proportion to your body, or just for those lucky people who are blessed to suit all sunglasses, here are my Top 5 round sunglasses picks from the high street. I am notorious for losing sunglasses so I never spend more than £10 on a pair, but these 5 show that you don't have to be a big spender to get good eyewear.

River Island black framed round sunglasses with purple tinted lenses
I thought I'd start with something basic - these black oversized round sunglasses are perfect to go with any outfit and the frames aren't too thick around the lens giving them a more feminine feel
River Island £10
Monks acid bright green framed round sunglasses with black tinted lenses
I have a bit of an obsession with neon green/yellow things so these caught my eye immediately. I love the frosted effect on the frames and the lenses are dark which is a great contrast (and means you can sleep on the bus and nobody will know)
Monki £8
Forever 21 cat eye shape black framed sunglasses with white polka dots and purple tinted lenses
Look how adorable these are! A little smaller than what I would usually go for but with the cat-eye-esq frames they work well. Also having the lens unframed at the bottom gives them a vintage vibe which I love
Forever 21 £4.90
Misguided black framed sunglasses with 3D blue floral rose decoration around clear lenses
Ok, so I'm not too sure how I feel about these but I saw them and thought they were hilarious so I had to include them. They look like they have clear lenses so probably won't provide the best (if any) protection from the sun but they would be perfect for festivals and are sure to attract some attention
Missguided £4.49 (in the sale - full price £8.99)
Primary brown framed round sunglasses with silver mirrored lenses
Mirrored sunglasses are something I love. I think they look funny, nobody can see your eyes and you can use them to look at yourself if you need to and don't have a real mirror with you. These ones are a taupe colour which is a nice change from the usual black
Primark £2

No comments:

Post a Comment