Monday 21 April 2014

ALEXANDER WANG X H&M

Despite being a fashion promotion student, I usually steer clear of designer x high street collaborations. This is mainly because 1. the ‘designer’ clothes don’t seem to differ much from what the rest of the shop sells (Rihanna’s winter 13 collection for River Island consisted of tartan and florals… River Island’s winter 13 collections consisted of tartan and florals...) and 2. it’s always horribly overpriced. However when I heard that H&M have announced a collaboration later this year with none other than Alexander Wang, I couldn’t help but let out a squeal of excitement.

Alexander Wang for H&M advertising poster #ALEXANDERWANGXH&M invitation

For me, Alexander Wang has always been the epitome of chic. I love his shapes, I love his colour palettes (the new arrivals on his website this week are monochrome with splashes of red and I am in HEAVEN) and I just love him as a designer. He comes across as someone down to earth and cool, not like the intimidating I’m-too-important-for-you figures you find at a lot of the big fashion houses (I just want to be his mate really).

Iggy Azalea with Alexander Wang at the announcement of his H&M collaboration at Coachella music festival
Iggy Azalea performed during the release at Coachella in Palm Springs on April 12th
(an Iggy/Wang collaboration would be my dream come true)

Not a lot of detail about the collection has been released yet but I am excited to see what he will come up with. Wang has always been described as an ‘affordable’ designer, with most of the pieces in his T by Alexander Wang collection coming in at under £400 (definitely not affordable in my eyes but compared to £7,000 Chanel I’ll take it). I just hope the H&M collaboration isn’t too expensive because if it comes down to it my heart will win over my wallet any day (goodbye student loan!).



The Alexander Wang X H&M collection will be released on November 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment