Saturday 19 April 2014

THE MOM JEAN

I have to admit, I am pretty much 100% a skinny jeans gal. Despite seeing loads of women looking incredibly chic in straight legged, boyfriend and even (shock horror) bootcut jeans, they just don't seem to work for me and I always resort back to my black Zara skinnies. However recently there has been a new trend on the block that has caught my legs' attention; the Mom Jean.

Topshop MOTO white mon jeans in white
MOTO Ripped White Mom Jeans - £40 Topshop

Ok, ok stay with me a minute. Yes, I know they're kind of ugly and yes, it seems like the only way to make them work is with either platforms or heels but I think I like that classy/comfortable vibe the Mom Jean gives off.

Missguided Indigo denim washed mom jeans
Drew High Waist Mom Jeans In Indigo Wash Down - £24.99 Missguided

Usually high waisted, these jeans hide everything you want them to yet not in a frumpy way. I have always loved the ripped knee trend but have never bought ripped jeans because in skinnies this usually ends up with a weird leg-bulge (not the most attractive of looks). However in the Mom Jean I think rips add a dimension and sexiness to the denim making them a lot less frumpy than they first appear.

ASOS black mom jeans with ripped knees
Farleigh High Waist Slim Mom Jeans In Washed Black With Busted Knees (what a mouthful) - £38 ASOS
I'm not sure if I'm completely sold to the idea of Mom Jeans yet, but I am definitely considering trying on a few pairs during my next shopping trip and if they suit me there could be new denim addition to my wardrobe. Although first I'll have to decide what to wear them with...



No comments:

Post a Comment