Wednesday 9 April 2014

KATE MOSS: STYLE-QUEEN OR HAS-BEEN?

No matter your opinion on Kate Moss (and come on now, everybody has one), she has long been a British fashion icon for both her modelling and her designing. After her last Topshop stint in 2007, she is now partnering up with the high-street giant once again, bringing out a new collection at the end of this month.

Kate Moss wearing a black cocktail dress with a black feathered off the shoulder collar for Topshop



The buzz around the collection is huge, but I can't help feeling that the real question on everybody's mind is "Kate Moss for Topshop? Again?" I know, I know, everyone loves her and she's a national treasure and all that but really, isn't it all a bit 'been-there-done-that-worn-the-limited-edition-tshirt'?
Don't get me wrong, I think Moss is great, but do we as a younger generation really like her designs or are we buying them because it's 'her'?

Personally I quite like the collection, I think it has an ugly-pretty vibe that appeals to the 30-40 somethings as well as the 'cool kids' who are in to the vintage look, but don't want to wear a dress that smells like someone died in it (no matter how many times you get it dry cleaned).

Here are my picks from the preview that I think will fly off the rails.

Kate Moss for Topshop black spaghetti strap v-neck jumpsuit with wide legs
The staple jumpsuit - Easy to wear and just a classic piece for every wardrobe
Kate Moss for Topshop wide leg trousers in a paisley and medieval floral pattern
The wide-legged trouser - Basically pyjamas you can wear outside (result!)
Kate Moss for Topshop tan brown faux suede fringed blazer jacket with collar and lapels
The fringed jacket - Great for festivals and fun to swish around in
Kate Moss for Topshop shiny silver floor-length evening gown with spaghetti straps and an open back with a v-neck neckline
The mermaid dress - I don't know why I need it, but I do
Kate Moss for Topshop pale pink cropped jacket with silver string beading fringe
The beaded jacket - SO cute right? And perfect for day-to-night layering
Kate Moss for Topshop nautical sailor style white skater dress with a v-neck and silver zip down the front
The little white dress - Probably the most wearable piece of the collection (plus an easy-access zip)
Kate Moss for Topshop little black dress with feathered off the shoulder collar
The statement LBD - It has feathers. Need I say more?

The new Kate Moss for Topshop collection is set to hit UK stores on April the 30th.


No comments:

Post a Comment