Wednesday 14 May 2014

THE COAT OF THE SEASON

Spring is upon us meaning that a whole new shopping trip is needed. Living in the unpredictable British climate it is important to have a variety of clothes for every occasion, meaning that a spring coat is definitely an essential. Pastel brights have been a huge trend with the designers this season and the high street has taken note of this, especially Zara. Zara has always been one of my favourite brands and I LOVE their coats. So much. So when I saw their newest selection I couldn't help but spot one which I knew was going to be a hit; the yellow 'coat with pockets' (or as I am going to call it - THE COAT OF THE SEASON)

Zara Yellow Coat - £99.99

Since this coat hit the shops, I have seen it EVERYWHERE in London. I actually blogged about the blue version in my Kate Middleton post because I am in love with this shape. Not having a collar makes the piece effortlessly cool as well as looking very chic and being a statement piece that will add a pop of colour to any outfit. I was umming and ahhing over buying it when I first saw it; it is £100 which is quite a lot for a coat in my opinion (even if it is very beautiful) and I'm actually quite glad I didn't buy it in the end as I think I must see at least one women wearing it every single day (and you know, I'm too cool to be seen in the same coat as everyone else (aka I am a cheapskate)).



Celebrities wearing Zara's masterpiece (from left to right) Amy Childs, Caggie Dunlop, Luisa Zissman, Louise Thompson

However this piece is beautiful and I can understand why multitudes of women have added it to their spring wardrobe so for that reason I have put together a day-to-night outfit that will work wonders with the coat and won't break the bank (seeing as you must be skint after buying the coat itself...)


oversized grey tee, £9.99 Zara
dalmatian print trousers, £20 Monki
BY DAY
cat-eye sunglasses, £12 Boohoo
triangle pastel necklace, £3 Primark
faux snakeskin trainers, £20 Topshop
BY NIGHT
waterfall silver necklace, £10 Topshop
silver stroppy sandals, £24.99 Missguided
silver and yellow pastel clutch, £25, Marks and Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment